Many veterans who have established a service disability with the VA will qualify for the Home Improvement and Structural Alternations (HISA) home modification grant.
- If you are approved it will often pay for modifications to your bathroom.
- The HISA grant is processed through the prosthetics department at your local VA Hospital.
- Available to many disabled Veterans
- Often times paired with the larger SAH Grant
- Is typically used for bathroom modifications to make a bathroom more accessible
- $6,800 lifetime benefit for those with 50% or greater service disability and $2,000 lifetime benefit for those who have established less than 50% service disability
**Complete this form to request more information about the HISA grant: